- The Reading Road Show is a mobile literacy program that provides an opportunity for children and their families to share story time and participate in a book exchange program. The Gus Bus is the Reading Road Show’s mobile literacy vehicle. Look for the Gus Bus in your neighborhood and learn more about this wonderful opportunity for the whole family!
- Have you seen the Gus Bus in your neighborhood? It is free to register and participate in Gus Bus activities and the book exchange program. Please review our permission slip below, and you can also complete a permission slip on the Gus Bus. If you have any questions please call 540-568-4113.
- Student/Parent Handbooks
- View our schedule
Check out these sites -- their parent pages offer valuable information specific to your parental or guardian needs.
- The Children's Reading Foundation presents a list of simple "ABCs of Reading With Your Child" in addition to another list of 101 book recommendations for you to read together.
- Reading is Fundamental offers a great selection of literacy resources, including activities, book lists, articles, brochures and a multicultural section.
- Reach Out & Read provides links to documents with tips for reading to your child, as well as book lists. This source also provides information for children's medical providers.
- KinderCare Learning Centers includes ideas for parents and guardians who want to do more in the home to help with literacy. Check out their year-round reading lists as well!
- Reading Rockets has provided a great list of other literacy-based organizations. When you're done clicking through those, be sure to check out their "Reading Resources" page.
- Zero to Three School Readiness offers an interactive online tool for parents and guardians who are seeking help for a specific age group. Simply choose your child's age range to get started!
Research & News
This list of informative pieces will be updated regularly to supplement your understanding of your child's literary needs.(their sources have been listed in parentheses)